- Member of Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber's Building Cultural Competence, Class of 2017 (inaugural class)
- Member of CBA Nominating Committee, 2015
- Member of Leadership Northern Kentucky, Class of 2010
- Member of Leadership Action, a program of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Class of 2014 (inaugural class)
Matthew A. Rich
Matt has a passion for sharing his expertise with the next generation of attorneys. He frequently serves as a judge at high school, college and law school mock trial and negotiation competitions around the country.
When it comes to employment law, Matt Rich firmly believes that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And then some.
Some of his favorite days in the office are spent advising employers on important hiring, firing, discipline and personnel policy matters and educating them on employment-related compliance issues.
Matt frequently helps companies and human resources professionals develop strategies for handling delicate employee situations, including those that may entail or foreshadow the end of the employment relationship.
He understands that whether a company is losing one individual or reducing staff on a larger scale, these are difficult and weighty decisions that impact real lives and should be made only after careful consideration. Matt helps company executives and human resources professionals achieve peace of mind by thoroughly discussing options and outcomes in advance, and then crafting the appropriate written materials to record or implement the chosen strategy.
Sometimes, however, even the most carefully weighed and documented decisions wind up before courts or administrative agencies.
Matt has always been comfortable in a courtroom and handles all aspects of the litigation of these claims or charges, as well as representing privately-owned businesses in general commercial and business litigation, contract disputes or creditor’s rights matters.
Matt also has significant experience litigating probate matters, including contested guardianships, trustee and executor breach of fiduciary duty claims, will contest and will construction actions and other adversarial matters in probate court.
He also serves as Katz Teller's Meritas® contact for employment and litigation matters. Matt is the chair and permanent member of the firm's administrative committee, and a member of the firm's marketing and strategic planning committees.
Awards and Honors
- Recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer® since 2017
- Recognized in Woodward/White, Inc.’s publication The Best Lawyers in America® since 2013
- Received the 2008 Law Day Award for outstanding contributions to Kentucky Law-Related Education after coaching Fort Thomas (KY) Highlands High School to the 2008 Mock Trial Championship
- Received the 2019 W.W. Reynoldson Award for coaching Miami University Mock Trial