- The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, Former Chair of Planned Giving Committee, and Co-Chair of the 2008 and 2009 Community Campaigns
- The Jewish Community Center, Member of the Finance Committee
- Greater Cincinnati Foundation, Professional Advisory Board Member
- The Jewish Foundation of Cincinnati, Board Member, Investment and Audit Committees, Community Property and Maintenance Committee
- Cris Collinsworth ProScan Foundation, Trustee
Robert E. Brant
Bob lectures extensively, both locally and nationally, to various professional organizations and trade associations in the areas of tax, estate and retirement planning.
Bob Brant has an uncanny ability to do five things at once, and all of them proficiently. He was multitasking before the term even existed.
He may be entering a timesheet while he dissects a tax problem and actively participates in a meeting. Just when you think there is no possible way he could be listening and doing so much simultaneously, out will pop a sentence that gets right to the heart of the matter. This is an everyday thing for Bob, as his clients have come to know and appreciate.
Bob's practice is mostly concentrated in the areas of estate and wealth planning, tax planning, and employment benefits. He represents a large number of medical practices and works in the taxation, estate planning, retirement planning and business planning areas. In addition, he works on a number of health care-related matters, has structured numerous physician practice mergers, and has been involved in designing compensation systems for many of these practices.
Consistent with his ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, Bob is involved in a wide variety of management and committee functions at Katz Teller. He is a long-time member of the firm’s compensation committee, chairs the firm’s retirement plan committee, and serves on the finance and benefits committees.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS EXPERIENCE
Since 1975, Bob has been involved in implementing well over 3,500 new and restated retirement plans for clients in the Cincinnati area and in several other states and has designed and structured numerous defined benefit plans saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes for each of many different clients.
ESTATE & WEALTH PLANNING EXPERIENCE
Bob has helped numerous high-net-worth families with succession planning. One family who has been a client since the 1980s will have passed on $150-$200 million to the next generation(s) and over $50 million to charities without paying any gift or estate taxes.
Awards and Honors
- Recognized multiple times as one of Woodward/White’s Best Lawyers in America®
- Recognized multiple times by Law & Politics Media, Inc. as an Ohio Super Lawyer®
- Awarded multiple times for his volunteer work from the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, the Jewish Community Center, the Greater Cincinnati Planned Giving Council and the Greater Cincinnati Foundation