EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION
Katz Teller’s employee benefits and executive compensation practice provides unique, sophisticated, and practical guidance to employers and executives regarding the design, implementation, and administration of various employee benefit programs. Our employee benefits attorneys work collaboratively with our Firm’s other practice areas to identify opportunities and enable clients to achieve practical and economic efficiency in various benefit plan matters.
Our experience regularly involves:
- The design, economic analysis, and implementation of profit sharing/401(k) Plans and defined benefit/cash balance plans (“DB Plans”), with specialized expertise in the use and implementation of DB Plans to achieve the tax minimization and retirement accumulation goals of a wide variety of clients across the country.
- The design and implementation of a variety of non-qualified deferred compensation plans and equity incentive arrangements to attract and retain key employees, including related compliance matters pursuant to Section 409A and 280G.
- Counsel with respect to employee benefits and executive compensation matters arising in a transactional context.
- Counsel regarding employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), including implementation, compliance, and transactional representation of corporate sponsors and selling shareholders in ESOP matters.
- Counsel with respect to employee benefit programs for tax-exempt organizations including Section 403(b) and 457 Plans.
- Guidance to plan sponsors, third party administrators, and other third parties regarding correction of compliance issues arising with respect to the operation of qualified retirement plans.
- Representation before IRS and DOL in examinations regarding qualified retirement plans.
- Health and welfare benefit matters.